Judy’s books on word consciousness and vocabulary instruction:
Scott, J., Skobel, B. & Wells, J. (2008). The Word Conscious Classroom: Building the Vocabulary Readers and Writers Need. NY: Scholastic- Theory into Practice series.
Lubliner, S. & Scott, J. (2008). Nourishing Vocabulary. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin
- Textproject.org: Freddy Hiebert’s textproject website with vocabulary resources
- VASE in the News! SANTA CRUZ — Faculty at UC Santa Cruz and UC Merced have been awarded a $2.3 million grant from the U.S. Dept. of Education. View Full Story
- VINE Project Update – A three-year federally funded research project that explores the development of vocabulary knowledge through word consciousness. It is a collaboration between the University of California-Santa Cruz, San Jose State University, and seven districts in the surrounding areas.
- UCSC Education Dept. Ph.D. Program
- President’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- The Children’s Peace Education & Anti-Bias Library